[Koha] Z39.50 problem [was: Re: Koha Digest, Vol 76, Issue 34]

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Sun Feb 26 05:18:11 NZDT 2012

At 12:37 PM 2/25/2012 +0530, AK Sharma wrote:
>Hi
>I am not able to download data from the Z39.50 server as it is giving
>error in the file
>c:/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/cataloguing/addbiblio.pl
>how to copy this file from other source or rectify the problem in line
>145. what is the right syntax.
[snip]
> > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> > than "Re: Contents of Koha digest..."
[HUUU^^^^GE SNIP]

I have changed the "Subject:" line of your email ...

You probably do not need to edit the syntax in addbiblio.pl

Questions:

a) which version of Koha are you using?

b) in Home --> Administration --> Z39.50 Client Targets have you set up any
user names and passwords, if required, or are you just using the defaults?

c) are you using a standard Koha MARC Bibliographic framework?

d) are you using the default Koha Authority types (specifically PERSO_NAME)?

e) in Home --> Cataloging --> Add MARC Record does a pop-up window appear
if you click the Z39.50 button?  If so, what happens if you try ISBN
9780151003402 and select only LOC?  Do you see a "Waiting for Koha-admin"
to the bottom left?  You should obtain a single Marc record fairly fast.

f) if you get this far, does the error appear when you click "Import"?  If
so, please review b), c) and d) above

If I have misunderstood your question, please explain the details of what
you are doing so that I can try and reproduce your problem.

Paul