[Koha] online libraries

Howell, Lynda Lynda.Howell at myunion.edu
Fri Feb 24 08:00:28 NZDT 2012

Aman,

Thanks, that's helpful.  I hadn't thought about the idea of using digital repository  software.

Our records all start out in MARC - we've got about 90000 books, 6000 dissertations/theses, and a handful of other stuff, but definitely bibliographic records to resources hosted elsewhere (ebrary, ProQuest, EBSCO, etc.) rather than locally hosted content.  We do original cataloging and host the undergraduate- and masters- level theses, but that's a small percentage.

But I do think it might be helpful for us to look outside the ILS box.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Lynda.