[Koha] introduction, also: renew all patrons?

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Feb 20 20:36:31 NZDT 2012

On 20 February 2012 15:26, emilly mcleay <celuran at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm at a small secondary college library in Melbourne, Australia and we
> just migrated to Koha (v3.6) over the summer holidays! It's been pretty
> exciting and has mostly gone very smoothly. (also, so glad the mailing list
> archives are easy to search, and that most of my questions were
> asked&answered already!) Now that I'm using it day to day, I've started to
> notice that a lot of the patrons expired in the past, if that makes sense,
> last year or otherwise before we actually installed Koha. I'm guessing it's
> to do with the fact that I set all the students to an enrolment period of
> 14 months, but their registration date copied over from the old system? I
> thought 14 months made sense, as I've divided patrons into year level
> categories, and 14 months gives me four weeks leeway to move all the
> patrons into their new year levels before getting four hundred notices that
> patrons are about to expire.
>
> Obviously it's an easy fix individually - just hit renew patron when I'm
> about to check out to them - but I was wondering if there was an easy way
> to renew all patrons.

Hi Emily

You weren't at VALA by any chance were you? It's great to see another
antipodean Koha user :).

So to answer your question with a question. Do you have access to the
database either from the commandline or via some tool like phpmyadmin?

If so you can run
UPDATE borrowers SET dateexpiry = '2012-12-31';

(changing the date to something that makes sense for you)

Chris