[Koha] printing non-receipt-size docs via firefox - how?

Adams, Jason JAdams at washoecounty.us
Sat Feb 18 08:35:44 NZDT 2012

Ever since we've installed Koha with Epson receipt printers and Dymo
label writers attached (and various other standard networked printers),
we've had difficulties printing anything else but receipts via Mozilla
Firefox (i.e. web pages, database docs, print-screens, and even Koha
holds reports).  It seems that our Firefox settings to print Koha
receipts overrides almost anything else we do through Firefox, affecting
the size of our printouts (e.g. we'll get a receipt-sized column of a
full 8.5"x11" printout).  Even selecting a different paper size or
another printer doesn't help - we still get the 2.5" column on a full
piece of paper.  Sound familiar? PDFs seem to print fine as do Word and
Publisher documents.  This has been such a problem for us that we've had
to limit our non-Koha printouts to just two or three computers out of
the 12 or more PCs we own; thus, often forcing us to email ourselves
links, documents, print screens, etc. just so we can switch computers
and print them from a different computer.

Anyone know of any quick fixes, shortcut keys, and/or Firefox add-ons
that could help us?  Thanks in advance!

Jason Adams, L.A. II

Northwest Reno Library