[Koha] IRC meeting decision about "discussion"

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri Feb 10 22:41:33 NZDT 2012

Hi all,
(Koha general mailing list reader: this mail is also for you, please
read it's an opportunity to participate to Koha, even if you don't have
technical skills !)

Tomas was faster than me to start a discussion, I planned to send a mail
about the results of our discussion during the last IRC session.

The question was : "how to deal with patches that are 'in discussion'".
I made a proposal, that has been a little bit amended during the
discussion, here is the final result:

* when a patch is rejected or is conflicting with another one (not a
technical conflict, but a "strategic" conflict), the bug status can be
set to "In Discussion"
* Someone (I volunteered to do it, but feel free to do it yourself if
you're concerned=
  - start a wiki page with describing the problem
  - send a mail to koha-devel and koha pointing to the wiki page, and
calling for comments.
* the delay for discussion is "until next IRC meeting, not less than 1 week"
* at the next IRC meeting,
 - if the discussion (on the wiki or koha-devel) result in a general
agreement, nothing specific need to be made (no vote needed)
  - if the discussion result in a balanced situation, organize a vote.

About the vote (this has not been discussed on last IRC meeting,
thinking of it and proposing it now): as some of us are always sleeping
during IRC meetings, it's unfair to vote only on the IRC channel during
the meeting. I propose that ppl could also express their preference/vote
on the wiki itself (and have a specific section for that on the page).
Those votes would be added to the IRC vote.

I've started the general discussion wiki page:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Bug_and_Enhancement_Discussion
--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com