[Koha] 3.06.02 LDAP Problem

Scott Owen sowen at edzone.net
Thu Feb 9 06:46:11 NZDT 2012

I have noticed this exact same behavior.
The expiration date is the most disconcerting to me.
After users log in successfully 1 time, all is well, but the first initial login is a bit confusing.

-S

>>> Barry Cannon<barry at oslo.ie> 2/8/2012 12:32 PM >>>
Hello,

            I have a new site running 3.06.02. I have configured LDAP as
authentication and it seems to connect, authenticate and create the new
patron correctly. The problem is though, that once the user logs in for the
first time (and hence creates the Patron record) they are met with a "Error
500" screen. The actual Patron record is created and if they click the login
button and login again then it will display the patron page correctly (and
does for all subsequent logins). There isn't much in the logs except for a
"Malformed Header - opac-user.pl" error.

If I add a "Content-type" header to the opac-user.pl script (and not rely on
the template to add the header) the first time user can login fine and the
page shows correctly.  (so this leads me to think the problem is in the page
header but only on LDAP creation as a manual Patron creation is fine for
first time login)

I also noticed that the LDAP auto creation doesn't add an expiration date,
even though it assigns the correct Parton Category.

So, does anyone gave any ideas before I log a bug and start debugging it? I
have used LDAP before on pre 3.06.02 sites with no problems.

Thanks

Barry