[Koha] batch updates of bibliographic records using MarcEdit

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Tue Feb 7 07:20:40 NZDT 2012

Linda and Margo,

I know I sound a bit like a broken record, but when you are overlaying
records that you have exported from your database, *please* do not use 001
as the match point (unless you are specifically setting it as some sort of
accession number). 001 is not guaranteed to be unique or even exist. It
generally contains the OCLC number for records you've imported from OCLC,
but one could fly a vintage inter-war airplane through an arch made of the
records not covered by that "generally" without knocking any loose with the
wings. Use 999$c and biblionumber for the matching rule. That is guaranteed
to be unique and have a 1-to-1 match.

Regards,
Jared