[Koha] how to use marc records displayed on library web pages?

X Middleton x at vaults.ca
Wed Dec 19 09:33:43 NZDT 2012

Thanks, Jared, for confirming my suspicions. It still seems weird to me how
many library interfaces "display" MARC and don't provide a machine-usable
format. It's better than nothing though, I suppose. At least Koha isn't one
of these systems -- Koha provides so many options for downloading records
it's an embarrassment of riches!

I also received a reply from someone (who doesn't seem to have CC'd the
list?) who reported they copied and pasted the example link I provided into
MarcEdit, and after a bit of manual re-formatting to remove "subfield
markers" (I presume the | characters) and possibly adjust some spacing they
were able compile the text to an importable MARC record. (They kindly
attached the result for me.) To duplicate this prodigious feat, I guess I'd
need to do some more research on the MARC format acceptable to MarcEdit...
it would be handy to know how to do.