[Koha] Circulation in Koha

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Dec 10 21:37:45 NZDT 2012

* Sander898 (scrittore at hotmail.it) wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> ok thank you, maybe I have understand:
>
> - if I disable the AllowOnShelfHolds option I can check-out (loan) a book to
> a patron, but this person have to come to the desk and ask directly to me
> the book
>
> - if I enable the AllowOnShelfHolds on patron, from his house can place an
> hold for a book and then when he comes to the Library I see his hold and I
> check-out for him the book
>
> Is it right?

Sort of, you won't see their hold unless you go looking for it. In the
holds to pull report. Usually people put a hold on something that is
out, then when it is returned it pops up an alert for the librarian
saying you should hold this for this other person.

You could also use holds in the way you are describing above if you
wished.

Chris

> Thanks for your suggestion, I'm new with the ILS, I'm reading the manual in
> those days but I have misunderstood this passage.
>
> Thanks
> Sander

Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.