[Koha] Circulation in Koha

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Sun Dec 9 21:46:04 NZDT 2012

On 09/12/12 19:39, Sander898 wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a doubt regarding Circulation in Koha.
>
> I explain, I have added these rules for the circulation:
>
> <http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/file/n5736037/circulation_1.jpg>
> <http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/file/n5736037/circulation_2.jpg>
>
> But with these two rules I canno't place any holds and Koha tell: "No items
> canno't place on hold"
>
> So I have change in "Allow" the AllowOnShelfHolds parameter in the General
> Settings for the Circulation:
>
> <http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/file/n5736037/circulation_3.jpg>
>
> Now it works properly, but is it right to set "Allow" for the
> AllowOnShelfHolds?
>
> Thank you very much for your help
>
> Bye
> Sander
I've not looked at your circulation rules, but I think most commonly,
holds are placed on items that are currently (already) on loan.  If you
want people to be able to reserve items that are not already on loan to
someone else, then you need to set that system preference the way you have.
I hope that explains.
Bob Birchall
Calyx