[Koha] Possible upgrade problem 3.8.7 -> 3.10.0

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Dec 3 13:00:58 NZDT 2012

* Doug Kingston (dpk at randomnotes.org) wrote:
> While updating the database on our test system, we received the following
> errors.  I looks like these values are already in the 3.8.7 version of the
> database.
>
> -Doug-
>
> Update errors :
>
>    - [Sun Dec 2 23:08:15 2012] updatedatabase.pl: DBD::mysql::db do failed:
>    Duplicate entry 'SuspendHoldsIntranet' for key 'PRIMARY' at
>    /home/koha/koha-test/intranet/cgi-bin/installer/data/mysql/
>    updatedatabase.pl line 5334.
>    - [Sun Dec 2 23:08:15 2012] updatedatabase.pl: DBD::mysql::db do failed:
>    Duplicate entry 'SuspendHoldsOpac' for key 'PRIMARY' at
>    /home/koha/koha-test/intranet/cgi-bin/installer/data/mysql/
>    updatedatabase.pl line 5335.

Nothing to worry about, although those errors look scary they aren't.
(We are working on making them look less scary).

That is just telling you these 2 systempreferences already exist. This
happens sometimes when a preferences is added to a maintenance release
(one of the 3.8.x ones) and also added to the 3.10.0 release.

The work we are planning to do will make it check the systempreference
doesn't already exist before trying to add another in future.

But for now, these errors can be safely ignored.

Chris
--
Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.