[Koha] Koha in prisons

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Fri Aug 24 09:55:50 NZST 2012

On 24 August 2012 09:42, Rachel Hollis <Rachel.Hollis at stevenshenager.edu> wrote:
> Greetings colleagues, I am a part-time librarian at a prison, providing degreed support to everyday library operations. Currently this prison uses an Access database for its library. There is some concern that the Access licenses may be pulled from the library for use in other departments, and they are looking at Koha as an alternative. Are there people at prison libraries using Koha on this list?

Hi Rachel

I'm not sure they are on the list, but yes Koha is being used in
prisons. The one I remember best was from a presentation at Kohacon10
called, it's not the code that is locked down.

http://blip.tv/the-curious-and-wondering-eye/kohacon10-video-13-sue-lavery-and-irma-birchall-4430445

Here are the slides
https://gitorious.org/kohacon/kohacon/blobs/raw/909f04aae31a1b6d21794fe23d4a93cd0d9cc6cd/static_site/www.kohacon10.org.nz/static/discoverer/slides/lavery_birchall.pdf

Chris