[Koha] Completeness of records for importing

franc at library.iisc.ernet.in franc at library.iisc.ernet.in
Tue Aug 21 20:59:46 NZST 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, Galen Charlton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 08/20/2012 06:12 AM, franc at library.iisc.ernet.in wrote:
>>  Could you please have look at the sample record given below and let me
>>  know if it is complete in all aspects or if any of the obvious and
>>  essential fields are missing.
>
> The record has everything needed for a basic bibliographic record, but please
> note my comment about the 008 below.
>
>>  A Sample Record
>>  ---------------
>>
>>  =LDR  00000nam  2200000Ia 45e0^M
>>  =008  120819s9999\\\\xx\\\\\\\\\\\\000\0\und\d^M
>
> You've set the Date1 field (positions 07-10 of the 008) to '9999'. However,
> since you do have a publication date available to you in the 260$c, it would
> be better to plug that into the Date1 field.

Hi Charlton,

Thanks for your attention and observation. Field 008 has been
generated by the MarcEdit tool. Should it be substituted with 260$c
using the same tool? I did look up the LoC site to have a better
understanding of the field 008. It says character position 07-10 as Date1.
Could you please let me know as to what does 'Date1' refer to?

Regards,

  - Francis

> Regards,
>
> Galen