[Koha] Can't tick "item due" box in Patron messaging preferences

Sonia P. sossolapro at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 13 18:27:11 NZST 2012

Yes, it helps... it confirms that I have done everything the way it should be (I think).
I am a bit puzzled.

Subject: AW: [Koha] Can't tick "item due" box in Patron messaging preferences
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 07:47:10 +0200
From: Katrin.Fischer at bsz-bw.de
To: sossolapro at hotmail.com; koha at lists.katipo.co.nz

AW: [Koha] Can't tick "item due" box in Patron messaging preferences

Hi Sonia,

yes, item due notices are sent out on the due date - so not the same as overdue notices, only an additional reminder for the patron to return the book.

You can set up overdue notices under tools > overdue notice/status triggers. Next step then is setting up a cronjob for overdue_notices.pl. There are lots of options for that script. If you want it to use the notice triggers you have defined in Koha you have to use -t. Overdue_noties.pl generates the messages and writes them into your message_queue table, process_message_queue.pl is needed to send them to the patrons.

Hope that helps,

Katrin