[Koha] Importing individual records

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Aug 9 11:15:29 NZST 2012

* Seth Mayo (smayo at stpeters.nsw.edu.au) wrote:
> I've followed these directions and there was no difference in result or
> what I had already attempted.
>
> It doesn't matter how I add a biblio, it looks like it never moves from
> reservoir to catalogue.  It is very strange all around.  Once you 'add' a
> biblio, you can enter in the item details and then you'll find that the
> biblio was added into the reservoir and the item details you typed have
> disappeared into cyberspace.
>
> Any other ideas?

Sounds to me like your zebra reindex job is not running.

Things aren't moved from the reservoir, they are copied, so it will
still be in the reservoir if it is the catalogue or not.

When you add one, check the url, and see what the biblionumber is.

Then in the database (or in reports)

SELECT * FROM biblioitems where biblionumber = that_number

If it's in the db, its in the catalogue, and its just your cron job to
reindex is not running (or failing)

Chris

> Seth Mayo
> IT Technical Manager
> Email:  smayo at stpeters.nsw.edu.au
> St Peter's Anglican Primary School
> Howe Street
> Campbelltown NSW 2560
> PH: 02 4627 2990
> DID:  02 8203 1368
> Website:  http://www.stpeters.nsw.edu.au
>

> On 8 August 2012 19:03, Robin Sheat <robin at catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
>
> > Op 08-08-12 04:48, Seth Mayo schreef:
> > > The librarian has asked me to investigate an issue where when she using
> > > Z39.50 to search for a biblio and then proceeds through the process of
> > > adding it and an item, she is left with a record that is forever in the
> > > reservoir.
> >
> > I think the help for the cataloguing homepage could do with some
> > updating to better explain what the options do, however the way I'd
> > consider doing one-off entries is:
> >
> > 1. Go to "cataloguing"
> > 2. Select "New record" and pick the framework
> >    This gives you the MARC entry fields
> > 3. From there, use Z39.50 Search.
> >    This will populate the fields on the screen with the results of the
> > search.
> >
> > Then when you save, this should go straight into the catalogue.
> >
> > To work with the reservoir, go to Tools -> Staged MARC record management.
> >
> > --
> > Robin Sheat
> > Catalyst IT Ltd.
> > ✆ +64 4 803 2204
> > GPG: 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C EB6D

Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.
+64 4 803 2238