[Koha] Need documentation help

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Sat Apr 21 03:01:51 NZST 2012

Hi Nicole,
Il 20/04/2012 16:48, Nicole Engard ha scritto:
> Thanks for that, but I still don't know why I'd care ... why would the
> user care what zebra is using as far as characters in the search
> string?

not the user, but the library manager yes.
In fact is a problem of XSLT files.

When we use ICU as option of Zebra we need to use a little different XSLT.

Without ICU the XSLT needs to use "" to quote subject tracings
With ICU the XSLT needs to use {} to quote subject tracings.

But, how do we  inform XSLT file the Zebra has ICU or not ?

The only option is a syspref.
So we create a syspref to say to XSLT file:
'  Attention Zebra uses ICU, use  {} instead of ""  '

You can say it here:
http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=8227&action=diff

Bye
Zeno Tajoli