[Koha] Introduction and first questions

Stephan Witoszynskyj stephan at wito.org
Sun Apr 15 01:16:32 NZST 2012

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. A few more questions remain, however.

>> * when cataloguing using Cyrillic alphabet, we would like to automatically generate corresponding 880 fields
>> with transcribed/transliterated data. And thus ensure the correct linkage, reference counts, transcription and so on. Is there a way of doing this?
> Now, no. You need to insert data in 880 by hand.
> And you need to setup 880 field in MARC Record Framework.

I'm not quite sure if I understand what you mean by this. If I look in "MARC Bibliographic framework" and chose the default framework the field 880 exists. The same is true for "Authority types". Is there anything else that I have to set-up?

How do I get the 880 field to be included in searches?

Is my understanding correct, that only contents of e.g. the 100 field get copied into the bibliographic record. Shouldn't, in principle, the corresponding 880 fields also get copied? Otherwise the reference subfield would contain incorrect information. Is this correct?

> But with perl coding is probably possible to do this automatically

I'll look into that. I guess another approach might be a Java-Script "Plug-in".

>> * will the unicode label printing problem be solved in the upcoming version of Koha (Bug 2246)?
> Now probably no with Cyrillic and yes with Latin-1.

Maybe I'll find some time to look into it :-)

Cheers,
  Stephan