[Koha] Searching catalog

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 01:39:45 NZST 2011

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM, John <johannesvdl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I most probably have the most basic of questions, but this
> is all very new to me (I have only recently installed Koha on
> my computer). I started to add Marc records with attached items,
> but if I search the catalog, it does not register these records.
> I can't find a list with these records either. Can somebody please
> help me?

I guess you're using Zebra indexing engine with your Koha. Every time
you issue a search from Koha, zebra is asked to do the job.

Zebra needs to be tolds to update those added/updated/deleted
registers. That's why the INSTALL docs tell you to set a 'cronjob' to
run the rebuild_zebra.pl script often. You can check this for a proper
setup

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Ubuntu

Regards
To+