[Koha] site displays maintenance page on url

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Sun Oct 30 13:37:56 NZDT 2011

Hi Klaas,

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011, Klaas Chielens <klaas.chielens at vub.ac.be> wrote:

> I have tried to configure koha and succesfully used it by only using an ip address to reach it.
> now i have tried to link a domain to it as well but i get the following error:
>
> a) if i surf to the ip address: everything works as expected
> b) if i surf to the domainname i tried to attach to it (i have altered the koha-httpd.conf file) i get the maintenance page (cgi-bin/koha/maintenance.pl) .

I may be wrong but, if the "maintenance page" appears, I think you
have set Koha up correctly. The thing you would have to do now is
browse to Port 8080 of your Koha web site - e.g:
http://yourdomain:8080 - log in with a administrator account (probably
"kohaadmin") and move forward through the "wizard" steps that may
appear.

I hope this helps.  :-/

Cheers,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net
(author of the Install Guide of Koha 3.0.0 in openSUSE 11.0 available
at: http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_3.0.0_on_openSUSE_11.0 )
Identi.ca / Twitter: @ricmarques