[Koha] Advance media booking

HS Davoodifar drhsd1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 08:16:20 NZDT 2011

Greetings,

One of the services we have is to book (place holds) and deliver media to
patrons. The ILS we are running has an older application that gets the job
done but with some issues.

To give you a better idea, advance media booking is a calendar based
application that more or less functions similar to hotel or airline
reservation programs. Or we may think of it as a rental service program to
do advance booking to loan such media as DVDs, Videos, Kits, Models,
etc. The application is linked to both catalogue and circulation modules to
access patron files, keeping track of loans, rental charges, packing slips,
delivery mode (mail, courier, in-person pickup, etc.), and handling charges,
invoice generation, printing statement of activities, etc.

I'm am wondering if Koha has or can handle a calendar based advance booking
application.

Kind regards,

__Sam Davoodifar
Systems Admin