[Koha] Fwd: LDAP documentation

Dobrica Pavlinušić dpavlin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 23:27:23 NZDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 17:14, Tom Hanstra <tom at nd.edu> wrote:
> Where can I find additional documentation on how Koha interacts with LDAP.
>  Options in the configuration file include "replicate" and "update", but
> I've yet to get a good understanding of how each fully works and how I can
> best populate patrons using data from my LDAP server.

replicate is one-time option when user which just typed correct login
and password doesn't exist in Koha. If enabled, it will create
new user in Koha.

update is triggered every time users logs in, and it will overwrite
that user info in Koha using data from LDAP. So, if you edited
user which originally came from LDAP in Koha
and user logs in again, that data will be overwritten.

In our configuration we are using just replicate to create new users,
and since we have script which keep just dateexpiry in Koha
in sync with LDAP we are not using update.

Documentation embedded withing koha and available via perldoc
Auth_with_ldap.pm is as far as I know, best resource for LDAP configuration.