[Koha] Barcode and spine label printing in Koha

Bob Ewart bob-ewart at bobsown.com
Thu Oct 13 10:27:47 NZDT 2011

On 10/12/2011 02:42 PM, Hartman, David W. - GBTS Library wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is it possible to print both barcodes and spine labels on the same
> sheet? I see Gaylord has a label set, Gaylord LSL04 for both barcode and
> spine labels. If so, does someone have a template for this or similar? J
>
> */David W. Hartman/*
> Global Business Technology Strategy Library
> Team Disney 336N
> 407 828 4250 (8-222)
> FAX 407 828 4868

When we first installed Koha, my librarian was insistent on being able
to print barcode/spine labels.  The labels she had (from Gaylord, I
think) had 8 sets of labels per page; a spine label followed by two
equal sized labels.  We printed the call number, author and title in the
first one and the call number, title and barcode in the second.

Then we got Gaylord LSL04 labels which have 12 sets of labels per page.

I wrote a drop-in replacement for labelprint.pl to handle both of them
plus standard address labels 3x10 per sheet for my home library.

It's not customizable except by changing the code, which shouldn't be
too difficult.  But it does the job.

If anyone is interested, drop me a line.

--
Bob