[Koha] Non-technical questions (and beating a dead horse)

Hal Bright HBright at farmingtonlibraries.org
Thu Oct 6 07:31:34 NZDT 2011

 Owen,

I agree the list should cover non-technical threads and topics, but every question (3 in total) I have posted that was non-technical came back with A) please do not use the "reply"button to start other topics (that was the reply I got for non-technical post #1 and non-technical post #2 when I forgot about the response from #1) and B) a resounding silence on post #3 , #2 & #1.

I then asked if there was need for a listserv for users (people who use Koha, but use support companies [the myriad that are out there] for most of the issues that come across this list). I was told no, that should be done here (after post #3), but still received no answer when I repeated post #3.  I resorted to asking my service provider who provided an adequate answer.

The above is supposed to come across as humorous, so a laugh is in order here>>get ready>>>wait for it>>>[Insert Laugh here]!!!!

I have successfully posted technical questions and have received answers (and thank you!), but this is a tech heavy list.  I still feel the need for a users list is warranted, but feel that this is a community decision, not one where I just start a listserv and invite people to use it.

Hal