[Koha] error 404 not found - koha 3.04.05

faku journals.digital at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 03:40:23 NZDT 2011

hi,

I installed koha 3.0.6 with the livecd and ubuntu 10.04 and tried to do a
update on the newest version of 3.04.05 of koha. Now I get the error 404 on
starting localhost:8080 or also on :80.

My install and update steps in order:

1. Install on a blank PC the liveCD with 3.0.6 and ubuntu 10.04
2. Runing webinstaller of Koha, marc21 and zebra are selected, as also the
Z39.50 samples
3. Install compled
4. Copy of koha-install-log (/usr/share/koha/misc) to desktop
5. update and upgrade the ubuntusystem with apt-get update / upgrade
6. install openssh-server
7. install nxclient, nxnode, nxserver
8. unpack koha.tar.gz to desktop
9. sudo perl koha_perl_deps.pl -u -m
10. sudo cpan -> install all parts until "sudo perl koha_perl_deps.pl -u -m"
birngs no results [all questions with "yes" or "y" ]
11. sudo apt-get install libtemplate-perl
12. open koha-install-log from step 4
13. sudo perl Makefile.pl --prev-install-log /usr/share/koha/misc
14. answer all questions as in koha-install-log is written (e.g. root/root
insted if koha/koha, ...); when I not do that I got an error by sudo make
upgrade or by starting webinstaller
15. sudo make
16. sudo make test -> PASS
17. sudo make upgrade
18. start localhost:8080
19. Update is done
20. Some error by Update
21. localhost:8080 and :80 is possible to login
22. restart PC
23. localhost:8080 and :80 brings the error 404 - page not found

-----
other  situation:
I did everything like before until step 21.
than I did:
22. log in as kohaadmin on :8080
23. change language form en to de (both); no selction allowed
24. back to start page - > error as in the old translation package - gui not
usable, links not usable etc. not possible to go to settingspage
----

So I hope someone have a idea what I can do to get my first situation
solved.

I tried to do my install also with step by step installing but I always got
problems, so I use the livecds.

I choosed that live cd version because I want to use ubuntu 10.04.

So thanks and bye

Florian