[Koha] Plea for help from Horowhenua Library Trust re: Koha

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Thu Nov 24 08:16:34 NZDT 2011

Welcome to the community! One of the great things about the
community--possibly the greatest--is how supportive and welcoming it is.

Speaking as an American business owner, I hope that you do not take this as
indicative of the "American Way." As most of you probably know, I am in the
business of preserving cultural heritage, not co-opting it. About a year
ago I shared my feelings on the importance of openness and community, and I
still stand by what I said. Koha is a gift from Horowhenua Library Trust,
and I, for one, am very grateful for it. I am very sorry that not everyone
recognizes that, and that this absurd trademark application is an issue at
all.

Regards,
Jared