[Koha] [Koha-devel] Plea for help from Horowhenua Library Trust re: Koha

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Wed Nov 23 04:29:23 NZDT 2011

2011/11/22 Lori Bowen Ayre <lori.ayre at galecia.com>:
> The truth is that the law isn't really on the Koha community's side
> on this issue because of the sale of the domain to Liblime way back when.

Putting aside the issue of whether we should fight this fight or not,
the sale of the domain to Liblime has nothing to do with whether PTFS
should own a trademark on the term Koha in New Zealand. Owning a
domain name does not give you a trademark on that term.

We were naive to let Liblime get a US trademark on Koha in the first
place. We should not repeat that error.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer