[Koha] Plea for help from Horowhenua Library Trust re: Koha

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Wed Nov 23 04:47:44 NZDT 2011

Le 21/11/2011 22:31, Joann Ransom a écrit :
> As I am sure most of you are aware, Horowhenua Library Trust is the
> birth place of Koha and the longest serving member of the Koha
> community.
<snip>

Hi Jo,

I agree with all what has been said, and I'd like to rise 3 points:

== point 1 ==
1 do you have a lawyer already ?
2 how much would it cost to build/write the objection?
3 what are our chances to win ?

If #1 is yes, you should/could have an answer to #2 and #3 (for free).
If answer to #2 is 100k NZD and to #3 is 5% chances, then => change the name
If answer to #2 is 1k NZD and to #3 is 75%, then => fight ! (and you'll
get the money)

== point 2 ==
I tend to be very very very sad when thinking to changing the name.
OTOH, in the greek conference, someone made a presentation about tools
for small libraries, and she presented ... Koha ... with the "LibLime
KOHA" logo :((( So, maybe changing the name will remove the confusion,
and will be worth for all of the community !

== point 3 ==
I'm sure Catalyst have lawyers and Don will throw his hat in the game.
In fact, Catalyst is probably the first one that could/would be annoyed
by this trademark...

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com