[Koha] Unlocking MARC Fields in Koha 3.06

Kurt Bodling kbodling at mountvernon.org
Sat Nov 19 03:52:04 NZDT 2011

Amber,

The authorities module doesn't seem to work so well.

That said, it sounds to me like perhaps your particular situation might be spoken to in the manual at: http://manual.koha-community.org/3.6/en/administration.html#authprefs

1.3. Authorities
Get there: More > Administration > Global System Preferences > Authorities
1.3.1. BiblioAddsAuthorities
Default: allow
Asks: When editing records, ___ them to automatically create new authority records if needed, rather than having to reference existing authorities.
Values:

  *   allow
     *   This setting allows you to type values in the fields controlled by authorities and then adds a new authority if one does not exist
  *   don't allow
     *   This setting will lock the authority controlled fields, forcing you to search for an authority versus allowing you to type the information in yourself.

Is your preference set to "don't allow"?

Kurt

Kurt A. Bodling
Technical Services Librarian
George Washington's Mount Vernon