[Koha] Koha 3.6.0 Label Creator > Text Fields to Print Issues

Paul Vilhan pvilhan at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 16 05:10:41 NZDT 2011

Hello Friends

This is my first post here, but I have been following your excellent work
for a while. Koha is in my view the most versatile and easy to use Library
system I know of. After 7 years of using version 2.0.0 I have decided to
upgrade.

Since I was testing a LiveCD 3.2.5 and I was pleased with the flexibility
and accuracy of the setup of barcode label layouts. My layout is based on
Code 39 Biblio/Barcode.

With a fresh installation of 3.6.0 I ran into two problems with the
resulting PDF (but the same applies to CSV and XML).

1. In 3.2.5 the bib text could be easily picked either through Koha Field
(e.g. itype, homebranch) or MARC subfield (e.g. 952y, 952a). In 3.6.0 only
the Koha fields are visibly printed, while choosing the MARC subfields
returns white space.

2. In 3.2.5 I also used to have two fields per line with the use of quotes,
e.g. "homebranch itype" or "952a 952y" and it worked fine. With 3.6.0 again
I get  white space instead of printed fields. Looking at the resulting XML I
notice a parsing problem with the quotes, as if they were not recognized.

Is this a bug or a feature? Neither the manual nor the help files seem to
reflect changes concerning the layout setup since 3.2.5. Is there any other
option to make two text fields enter in one line?

I would enormously appreciate your kind answer and guidance.

Sincerely,
Paul Vilhan