[Koha] Cron Jobs in Koha

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 02:57:59 NZDT 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 5:17 AM, Ephraim Makeke <makekee at msu.ac.zw> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I would like my system to calculate fines and overdue notices. What I really
> want to find out is this:
>
> 1. What is the syntax for the script for calculating fines every 24 hours

0 * * * *         koha           /usr/share/koha/misc/cronjobs/fines.pl

> 2. What is the syntax for calculating over dues every 7 days

I think there's something wrong with your interpretation on how this
works. You need to first set up your overdue notices policy in the
proper admin section in koha (i.e. create the notice, set the rules
that apply  to it, etc). And then run the proper cronjob (once a day,
nightly perhaps). It will manage to do whatever you've setup for it.

0 * * * *          koha
/usr/share/koha/misc/cronjobs/process_message_queue.pl

> 3. If I have more than one fine rule for different users what do I do.

In koha you define circulation rules which include the overdue fines.
It is managed on a per-patron-type basis, so you need to define patron
types to match your circulation rules and adjust the 'user' patron
type to have an specific rule for the user.

Rules are defined also per-itemtype, and you should probably have a
default general rule. They all apply from the more specific to the
more general.

Saludos
To+