[Koha] Migrating data from Excel to Koha - Problem at 952 Tag

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Mon Nov 7 20:30:55 NZDT 2011

Also, you are implementing a very old version of Koha.  The current
version is 3.06.00.  I hope you are getting Koha from the right place:
http://koha-community.org

Bob Birchall
Calyx

On 07/11/11 18:05, Hugo Agud wrote:
> Hi using
>
> Marc edit 5.5 you have to select each fiedl, select all 952
> button.right mouse and select join
>
> Br
>
> Enviado desde mi iPad, disculpen los errores tipográficos y ortográficos
>
> El 07/11/2011, a las 07:11, S Anand <sanand1948 at gmail.com
> <mailto:sanand1948 at gmail.com>> escribió:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I am trying to migrate data which is in Excel**file to Koha using
>> MarcEdit.  When I convert Excel to MRK file, the data at Tag
>> 952subfileds (952a, b, g, o, p, etc.)  is appearing on separate
>> lines.  An example of which is given below:
>>
>> =952  \\$aAG
>> =952  \\$bAG
>> =952  \\$g695
>> =952  \\$o420 TON
>> =952  \\$pGN 1
>> =952  \\$yBK
>>
>> When I convert the MRK file to MRC file, and migrate to Koha, it is
>> creating several items - for each item.  Can someone tell me as to
>> how to make the data appear in one line as below:
>>
>> =952  \\$aAG$bAG$g695$o420 TON$pGN 1$yBK
>>
>> We can correct/edit manually - if we have few entries.  Since we have
>> hundreds of records to migrate, is there any way to do this
>> automatically for all the records at one go?
>>
>> (Note: We are using Koha Version: 3.00.05.003)
>>
>> Looking forward to hearing from you,
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> S.Anand

Bob Birchall
Director
Calyx Group Pty Limited

Mob: 0414 796 988
Email: bob at calyx.net.au
Web: www.calyx.net.au

Participating in the Koha Open ILS project:
http://koha-community.org