[Koha] Help with error message while installing

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Nov 7 09:07:18 NZDT 2011

2011/11/7 Adam Fullerton <fullertona at morningside.edu>:
> I am trying to install Koha on a laptop with Ubuntu 11.10 OS following the
> directions on wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Ubuntu
> I get to the install Koha part and get error messages that I can't seem to
> get worked out. I run the following commands:

Its pretty much always better to use the INSTALL files that come with
Koha, as they are usually more up to date.

> perl Makefile.PL (then follow the directions in Appendix A)
> make
> make test
> make test brings back an error message. It says the following:
> #   Failed test 'use C4::RotatingCollections;'
> #   at t/00-load.t line 32.
> #     Tried to use 'C4::RotatingCollections'.
> #     Error:  Can't locate Business/ISBN.pm in @INC (@INC contains:

There's your problem right there you are missing at least one perl module

You should be able to apt-get install libbusiness-isbn-perl to get
that on, but if that one is missed, others probably are. When you ran
perl Makefile.PL did it tell you, you were missing some?

And what version of Koha are you installing? If its the latest, you
might be better off install from the debian packages for it.

Chris