[Koha] biblioitems

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Sun May 29 20:59:29 NZST 2011

On 29 May 2011 04:38, sysadmin <zahid_mohd786 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Been using koha for the last 5 months. Since yesterday when I try to a
> mysqldump, I keep on geting the error
> "mysqldump: Error 2013: Lost connection to MySQL during query when dumping
> table 'biblioitems' at row: 1052"
>
> So now I cant backup my database.

That sounds like a corruption in MySQL. Have you tried googling for
the error code/description?

> I have also installed koha 3.4 on a new system with the intention of moving
> everything over, but cannot find any documentation that can help me with my
> situation.

You'll find the short version here:
http://galencharlton.com/blog/2011/04/reading-upgrade-instructions-is-fundamental/

And the long version is in the INSTALL.* files that are part of the Koha code:
http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=tree;hb=HEAD

Here is the relevant part of INSTALL.debian, for example:

UPGRADE
=======
If you are upgrading from a previous installation of Koha 3.x, you can
use the following:

 ./koha_perl_deps.pl -u -m # to identify new Perl dependencies

Install any missing modules
IMPORTANT: Koha 3.4.x uses Template::Toolkit, this must be installed
before the webinstaller can run

 sudo apt-get install libtemplate-perl

 perl Makefile.PL --prev-install-log /path/to/koha-install-log
 make
 make test
 sudo make upgrade

Koha 3.4.x no longer stores items in biblio records so as part of the
upgrade you will need to do the following two steps, they can take a
long time (several hours) to complete for large databases

 misc/maintenance/remove_items_from_biblioitems.pl --run
 misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -r

Best regards,
Magnus Enger
libriotech.no