[Koha] RFI/RFP for FOSS -Librarians and Service Providers

Lee Phillips lphillips at buttepubliclibrary.info
Thu May 26 03:01:16 NZST 2011

Hello all from Montana,
We have been having the craziest weather here and in the US in general.
It is has been the longest winter for us that I can remember.
Anyway, I am working on a white paper about equitable RFP and RFI
(request for proposals or request for information) that are vendor
neutral and gives FOSS library ware equal footing in the bidding
process. In addition I have been contacted by the Montana Library
Consortium (who currently uses Sirisi) to consult on their RFI for the
shared catalog ILS for the same reason. Many of you who were at KohaCon
9 in TX. will remember the Montana State Library representative who
attended(Mike Price) and he was less than kind in his reporting back to
the state library.
I have found RFP templates that I am currently modifying to create a
format that is unbiased for FOSS and proprietary products.
SO....if you have recently gone out for an RFP for your ILS and have
information that I can incorporate into this white paper (and pass on
the the Montana Shared Catalog) I would be grateful. Of course time is
of the essence, so please send me what you have or point me to info that
would be important to consider.
Thank you for your time, as always it is a privilege and a pleasure to
be part of the Koha Community.
Sincerely
Lee Phillips
Director