[Koha] Problem with rebuild_zebra

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Sun May 22 07:35:25 NZST 2011

There was recently a change to apply deletes after updates in rebuild_zebra.
It sounds like this may be the inverse of the corruption that running
deletes before updates caused. I think probably what needs to happen is that
rebuild_zebra should extract the MARC in some sort of try{} block (the Perl
equivalent, I mean). I'm not entirely sure how to do that, but that's what I
think needs to be done.

Regards,
Jared

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Bob Ewart <bob-ewart at bobsown.com> wrote:

> On 05/20/2011 08:59 AM, Bob Ewart wrote:
> /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -z>/dev/null

> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 359.

> >> Run it from the command line with -v too (I think that's the option -
> >> check on the output from "rebuild_zebra.pl -h" ).  It sounds like a
> >> broken MARC record that has slipped in somewhere :-(
> >>
> >> If it works from the command-line, it may be environment or
> >> permissions for cron need changing somehow, which would need you to
> >> post your current crontab.
> >>
> >> Good luck!
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > The -v option gave me:
> >> Zebra configuration information
> >> ================================
> >> Zebra biblio directory      = /var/lib/koha/zebradb/biblios
> >> Zebra authorities directory = /var/lib/koha/zebradb/authorities
> >> Koha directory              = /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin
> >> BIBLIONUMBER in :     999$c
> >> BIBLIOITEMNUMBER in : 999$d
> >> ================================
> >> ====================
> >> exporting authority
> >> ====================
> >>
> >> Records exported: 0
> >>
> >> Records exported: 0
> >> ====================
> >> REINDEXING zebra
> >> ====================
> >> ====================
> >> exporting biblio
> >> ====================
> >>
> >> Records exported: 0
> >> 1.......Can't call method "field" on an undefined value at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 359.
> >
> > I did a 'rebuild_zebra.pl -a -b -r' from the command line (as the koha
> > user) and it cleared the problem.
> >
> > I'm wondering if deleting an item and biblio could have caused the
> > problem.  I was cataloging a bunch of books and one slipped in that
> > shouldn't have been.  I deleted it just before the problem started. I'm
> > not sure whether rebuild_zebra ran between the time I added the book and
> > when I deleted it.
> >
> > I will have to try some experiments later today.
> >
> On second thought, I couldn't delete the book until rebuild_zebra had
> run once.
>
> When I added another book and deleted it after it showed up, the error
> occurred again.
>
> Bug 6384 has been added.
>
> --
> Bob

Jared Camins-Esakov
Freelance bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(phone) +1 (917) 727-3445
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/