[Koha] KOBLI, a customized version of KOHA - AVAILABLE

domingo.arroyo at MCU.ES domingo.arroyo at MCU.ES
Sat May 21 01:01:12 NZST 2011

Dear all,

As we promise is now available for download the first release of Kobli 1.4 rc1, based on Koha 3.4.

 Kobli 1.4, released in two versions: a version to install from scratch, and once as a VMware virtual appliance for immediate installation in the Cloud.

The both packages can be retrieved from  http://kobli.bage.es/?page_id=22

The website of the Kobli community is http://kobli.bage.es<http://kobli.bage.es/>, which provides complete information of the project.

======
Domingo Arroyo Fernández
Jefe de Servicio de Difusión y Comunicación
Subdirección General de Coordinación Bibliotecaria.
Ministerio de Cultura
Plaza del Rey ,1
28701 Madrid
91701 74 63
domingo.arroyo at mcu.es

________________________________
De: Arroyo Fernandez, Domingo
Enviado el: viernes, 08 de abril de 2011 9:01
Para: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
Asunto: KOBLI, a customized version of KOHA

Dear all,
I am Domingo Arroyo and I work for the Library Area in the Spanish Ministry of Culture.
We have been working in order to make an ILS available to libraries of the Central Government.
Last year we evaluated Koha as a possible solution (More information in our repository http://hdl.handle.net/10421/4711 ) and we started the KOHA customization for our libraries with MASmedios (a Spanish company)

Our customization and development is focused on:

-           Spanish (bd content, templates, etc.)
-           Basic features in cataloguing (indicators, 008 and 006 tags..)
-           Translator manager
-           Bugs solution
-           Css and styles
-           Installation (in order to make easier the installation process for individual libraries)
-           Digital repository add-on.

We are involved in Koha community developing (basic features and Bugs solutions ) for future versions of Koha and testing.

We have made a "customized version" and we have named it Kobli (Koha + biblioteca) and it will be available for libraries of the Central Government, and any other one, in a short time. This year at least five Central Government libraries are going to migrate to Koha-Kobli.

We want to continue our work in Koha and our Kobli, so I hope you'll find it interesting and valuable. We are keeping you informed about this project. If you want more information, please contact with:

Domingo  Arroyo
domingo.arroyo at mcu.es

Alicia Sellés
alicia at masmedios.com