[Koha] bulkmarcimport failure

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri May 20 22:07:00 NZST 2011

David J Cunningham wrote:
> Import file is marc 21 UTF-8; exported from Cuadra "Star" via tomarc
>
> admin at ubuntu:/usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools# perl bulkmarcimport.pl
> -v -s -c -file /build/npwrcmarcat
> .ERROR: Adding items to bib 3 failed: substr outside of string at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/MARC/Record.pm line 551, <GEN11> line 1.
>
> substr outside of string at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/MARC/Record.pm
> line 551, <GEN11> line 1.

I think that's MARC::Record failing to read the file you're giving it.
Looks like something in the import file isn't quite right to me.
Does the import file pass yaz-marclint without warnings?

You may need to ask Cuadra "Star" via tomarc to fix some bug,
or find a workaround.

Hope that helps,
http://koha-community.org supporter, web and LMS developer, statistician.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha