[Koha] sendmail

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri May 20 01:22:35 NZST 2011

Steve Kiarie asked:
> Have managed to install koha and had all the Cron Jobs set however how do configure
> sendmail so as the machine can be able to send overdue mail and other notices

It depends on what mail transport agent (MTA) is actually installed.
It doesn't need to be sendmail itself (postfix or exim4 are easier,
some others may be even easier than those) but it does need to listen
to localhost:25 because - despite the name - Mail::Sendmail uses SMTP
not sendmail.  (At least the last time I checked.)

So, check the instructions for your operating system or MTA.

Hope that helps,
http://koha-community.org supporter, web and LMS developer, statistician.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha