[Koha] Article for Newsletter

sekharmsrc at yahoo.com sekharmsrc at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 02:09:16 NZST 2011

Hi Nicole,

I saw your post about articles for News Letter. Look at our story.

University of Guyana (uog.edu.gy), Berbice Campus (South America) has launched it's Library Automation System KOHA on 12th May, 2011. The collection size is around 13000. We are also working on implementing Koha for University's main campus (Turkeyen) Library which has a collection size of 140000.

This is first of it's kind in the country (Guyana). University of Guyana is the first one to implement this world's leading Open Source Library Software(Koha) in the Caribbean.

We have started helping the National Library of Guyana to start their journey with Koha. I request you to publish this information on koha.org to promote interest among the Caribbean Islands.

University of Guyana, Berbice Campus Library's "Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC)" service can be accessed at:

http://ugbclibrary.uog.edu.gy

Dept. of Software Services has provided technical support for University of Guyana automation project. I am a software engineer and HOD for Dept. of Software Services, University of Guyana.

We want to thank you all for this feature-rich product. We have been benefiting from the mailing lists, etc.

For any clarification, please feel free to contact me.

regards,
Sekhar Mallampati
Software Engineer & HOD, Dept. of Software Services
Email: sekhar.mallampati at uog.edu.gy
Telephone: (+592)-614-1394 (Cell) / +592-222-4524 (Dept. of Software Services)
University of Guyana, South America