[Koha] DOn't ever return them if they are out?

Frédéric Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Tue May 17 17:14:17 NZST 2011

 > Pootle line 138:
 >
 > %s %s: barcode not found%s %s: item withdrawn%s %s: item was on loan.
 > It was returned before marked as seen%s %s: item was on loan. couldn't
 > be returned.%s

 > "item was on loan. It was returned before marked as seen": These are
 > error messages. This sure means that item still gets returned despite
 > status *unseen*? Right?

 > "item was on loan. couldn't be returned"
 > Umm. Uh. What does this mean?

 > I cant figure a context where the latter d be, or make, any sense! Any
 > help here?

This is a translation related issue. The English ambiguity
itself must be solved before being able to translate this sentence into
your language. This message comes from Koha inventory tool. You have to
see how it works in English.

In Koha inventory tool, you send a list of barcodes. Each item is then
handled by Koha. If an item is check out, Koha do a checkin. If the
check-in succeed, this message is displayed:

   item was on loan. It was returned before marked as seen

If the check-in fails, for whetever reason, Koha displays this:

   item was on loan. couldn't be returned.

I don't see any reason why the check-in should fail, but it happens and
Koha report it!

--
Frédéric DEMIANS
http://www.tamil.fr/u/fdemians.html