[Koha] [RESOLVED] Circulation System Operation Failure- 3M SelfCheck System - KOHA SIP 2 ISSUES,

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Fri May 13 07:14:44 NZST 2011

Susan,

Thanks for sharing this.  I'm sure it will help someone down the road even
if you don't get a thank you note!

Lori

2011/5/12 Susan Mustafa <susan.mustafa at gmail.com>

> Dear All,
>
> I have resolved the issue.
>
> Basicly I followed the e-mail below,
> http://lclpioneer.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/getting-a-3m-self-check-to-work-with-koha/
>
> Except instead of XXXXsip\r, I put in my sipuser ID and sipuser passwords
> :).
>
> Hope this helps someone,
>
> What I have done,
>
> Changes made to the 3M Self Check Machines to work with Koha.
>
>    1. Login to 3M Self Check System Administration  web page.
>    2. Select the network menu
>    3. Scroll down to “Host Communications” and change
>       1. Communication Type “Telnet”
>       2. TCP Port “8041”
>       3. Host Name or IP “75.101.142.135” (This is the test SIP server IP)
>       4. Scroll down to the 3M Command Center (CIMS) and click “Save
>       Changes”
>       5. Scroll down to “Send/Expect Scripts”  and click “Edit Login
>       Send/Expect”
>
> (in 2 and 3 below replace sipuserid with your SIP USER ID and
> sipuserpassword with your SIP USER PASSWORD , see below)
>
> No double quotes --
>
>    1. Click “Menu+”
>       1.  Send String (leave blank)
>       2. Expect String “login:”
>       3. Timeout “30”
>       4. Retries “3”
>       5. Click “Add”
>    2. Click “Menu+”
>       1. Send String “sipuserid\r”
>       2. Expect String “password:”
>       3. Timeout “30”
>       4. Retries “3”
>       5. Click “Add”
>    3. Click “Menu+”
>       1. Send String “sipuserpassword\r”
>       2. Expect String “Login OK.  Initiating SIP” (note 2 spaces after
>       “OK.”)
>       3. Timeout “30”
>       4. Retries “” (or 3 works as well)
>       5. Click “Add”
>

> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 10:22 AM, Susan Mustafa <susan.mustafa at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Good Day All,
>>
>> I hope that I may find someone who has come a cross this issue before:
>>

>> Completed:
>>
>> SIP 2 Server SETUP - Using
>> http://koha.org/documentation/manual/3.0/appendices/sip2-integration
>> sipserver.xml has been changed to include the machine IP, + port 8023
>>
>> Tested:
>>
>> telnet 10.106.0.93 8023
>> login: someuser
>> password: somepassword
>> %s Initiating SIP OK.
>> did a command here and it returns 941 which is ok i guess.
>>
>> ===================
>>
>> Problem:
>>
>> 3M SelfCheck System is showing [ Circulation System Operation Failure -
>> Unspecified Error] in RED.
>> We have already done everything, ensure the
>> username/password/ip/ports/configurations all CORRECT and still does not
>> work.
>>
>> We have already done a telnet session [telnet xx.ip.xx.xx 8023] from
> [...]

Lori Bowen Ayre // Library Technology Consultant
The Galecia Group // www.galecia.com
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com

<Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling