[Koha] Fwd: error message when searching front end for Manga

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Fri May 6 11:24:53 NZST 2011

2011/5/6 Caitlin McGurk <mcgurk at cartoonstudies.org>:
> Hey Koha,
>
> Just noticed searching Manga (without pulling down title etc.) yielded this:
> Error: Can't call method "as_usmarc" on an undefined value at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Search.pm line 2384.
> You can search by title. Why would I be getting this error message, just for
> this one thing? Our catalog is certainly packed full of Manga so it doesn't
> make much sense.

Hiya Caitlin

What version of Koha?
Usually this is the result of one record in the result set being
corrupt, my guess is one of the 20 or so results you get in the first
page is a corrupt record. Tracking it down is of course the next
trick. Work has been done to fix this (handle corrupt marc records
more gracefully) for 3.4.x.

Chris