[Koha] Inventory/Stocktaking Functions in Koha 3.02.06

Darcy Gullacher dgullacher at rockymountaincollege.ca
Tue May 3 09:04:27 NZST 2011

Good afternoon,

If anyone has used the Inventory/Stocktaking feature in Koha 3.02.06, I have
a few questions:

    - First of all, I loaded a same sample of 52 item barcodes using MS
Notepad. The load went fine, and the “Date Last Seen” updated to the current
date.

- However, all that happens is “Date Last Seen” is updated. If an item is
not on the shelf, the tool does not indicate that an item is missing. Also,
if an item is mishelved but its barcode is scanned, then the “Date Last
Seen” is updated, but the tool does not indicate that the item is actually
mishelved. To do both an inventory and a shelf-reading, I'm assuming it
would be smarter to pull up a listing of items using call number range under
“Select items you want to check” and manually check for items instead of

- What does the item statuses feature do? Every time I try to limit a search
by an item status I get no results. To my mind, this should limit search
results to items of a certain status.

- What do the “Inventory Date” and the “compare barcodes list to results”
features at the bottom third of the page do?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Darcy Gullacher
Head Librarian
Rocky Mountain College
4039 Brentwood Road N.W.
Calgary, AB  T2L 1L1
Phone: (403) 284-5100 ext. 244
Fax: (403) 220-9567
www.rockymountaincollege.ca

"It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best,
since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.  Thus you remember
them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses
you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven
through as you gain by riding a bicycle." -- Ernest Hemingway