[Koha] 3.2.7 noZebra to 3.4 Zebra

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sun May 1 18:57:40 NZST 2011

Hi Bob

On 30 April 2011 14:44, Bob Ewart <bob-ewart at bobsown.com> wrote:
> I'm currently running 3.2.7 noZebra although Zebra packages have been
> installed. I'm going to 3.4 with Zebra.
>
> The question is: should I convert to Zebra before or after I do the
> upgrade to 3.4?

I would do it after, remember to read the INSTALL file, especially the
UPGRADE section, you have to rebuild the zebra indexes as part of the
upgrade (after running the script to move the item information)

> I tried to switch to Zebra once before on 3.2.2 and couldn't get it to
> update properly when cataloging.  Where is a good description of how to
> switch to Zebra?

Reading the INSTALL files will tell you have to set up zebra, and how
to set up a cronjob to run rebuild_zebra.pl

There is also an example crontab file in misc/cronjobs

Hope this helps
Chris