[Koha] bulk import of authorised values?

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Thu Mar 31 15:41:45 NZDT 2011

Hi Paul,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Paul <paul.a at aandc.org> wrote:

> At 12:38 PM 11/26/2010 -0500, Jared Camins-Esakov wrote:
> >Is there a way to do a bulk import of "authorized values"? Â I have not
> been
> >able to find KOHA user interface support for this.
> >
> >INSERT INTO authorised_values (category, authorised_value, lib) VALUES
> >('LOC', 'MILITARY', 'Military'), ('LOC', 'ANOTHER', 'Another
> location...');
>
> Before I start adding more "Authorized values" to a near-production Koha
> db,

I'll let others answer the other questions, however, I trust that before you
add, subtract, do-any-sort-of-foo to your near-production DB, you make a
quick backup of it using mysqldump.... Then you can try all sorts of things
w/out worry.

Better yet, setup a cron job to run a dump at regular intervals so you can
"roll back" if need be.

Kind Regards,
Chris