[Koha] KUDOSCon2011--great experience, great deal

vtl at scls.lib.wi.us vtl at scls.lib.wi.us
Wed Mar 23 03:47:44 NZDT 2011

KUDOSCon2011 conference registration deadline is approaching.  Please
register<https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&authkey=CPSv4S0&formkey=dHFGbnlpRElSaERtM3kxS0Etd0xBcVE6MA#gid=0>by
Friday,
April 1, 2011. This conference will be a great experience for all who attend
and it is a great deal too.

We have updated the program for the KUDOSCon 2011 conference which is being
held in Madison, WI on May 2 and May 3 2011. Featured are:

   - Koha 3.4 update by Koha Release Manager Chris Cormack of Catalyst IT
   Ltd. (piped in from New Zealand)
   - Presentations by representatives of all 3 major US Koha support
   vendors/developers
   - Lots of networking opportunities!
   - An unconference <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference> on May 3
   - KUDOS meeting

http://kudos.koha.org/kudoscon2011/conference-program/

This conference will be one of the least expensive conferences you will ever
attend:

   - Thanks to our sponsors, there is no registration fee
   - We have great deals on
hotels<http://kudos.koha-community.org/kudoscon2011/accommodation-in-madison/>
   - The hotels provide free shuttles from the airport
   - There are lots of low-cost eating establishments within walking
   distance of the hotels and conference center
   - It is not that expensive to fly into Madison (check it out); and you
   can always fly to Chicago and take the bus

We now have two hotels within walking distance of the conference center
(free shuttle also available from the Concourse Hotel).  See the conference
hotel page for booking information.
http://kudos.koha-community.org/kudoscon2011/accommodation-in-madison/

And if all of this is not enough incentive, Madison is a fun place!  Plus,
you might get to see a few protesters.

http://kudos.koha-community.org/kudoscon2011/what-to-do-in-madison/

--
Vicki Teal Lovely

Helping our 52 member libraries provide the best possible service to the
public.

ILS Project Manager
South Central Library System
Madison, WI