[Koha] Question about wiki instructions for installing Koha

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Fri Mar 18 00:34:51 NZDT 2011

2011/3/17 Buster <storypage at gmail.com>:

> Hi, all. This is my 4th attempt to install Koha on Ubuntu and I am being
> extra careful that I do it right. I'm using the wiki page at
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Ubuntu and am now at step 7 of
> the installation. I need to know what to do about the following command:
>
> GRANT ALL ON kohadata.* TO 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
>
> Do I just copy and paste this as-is, or do I enter different values for
> "root", "localhost", "password", etc?

I think that becomes clearer if you look at INSTALL.ubuntu, where the
corresponding command says:

mysql> grant all on <kohadatabasename>.* to
'<kohadatabaseuser>'@'localhost' identified by
'<kohadatabaseuserpassword>';

See: http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=INSTALL.ubuntu;hb=HEAD#l135
Documentation for GRANT: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/grant.html

So, you get to choose the name of the database ("kohadata" on the wiki
page), the name of the database user ("root" on the wiki) and the
password ("password" on the wiki). You should leave "localhost" as it
is - unless you want to run your database on another machine than the
one on which you are installing Koha (and you probably don't want to
do that ;-)

Good luck!
Magnus Enger
libriotech.no