[Koha] Strange Label Template

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Thu Mar 17 06:42:24 NZDT 2011

Heya Nicole,

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Has anyone created a template in the label maker that can handle a
> label sheet with two different sized labels?  Go to www.demco.com and
> search for 14218000 to see a sample of what I'm talking about. I'm
> thinking that Koha's label maker just can't handle this and this is an
> enhancement request, but I thought I'd check with you all anyway.

We actually considered using this type of label back when we were
gearing up to relabel all of our collection. As best I remember,
unless someone else has added this functionality, it is not possible
at present. It would require messing with the template code
(C4::Labels::Template) and also the function responsible for
calculating the next label position (this is in label-create-pdf.pl
iirc). That may be a bit of oversimplifications, but is pretty much
what would be involved.

Definitely an enhancement request. :-)

Kind Regards,
Chris