[Koha] Regular performance problems

Chris Hobbs chobbs at nhusd.k12.ca.us
Wed Mar 16 16:35:32 NZDT 2011

  On 3/14/11 10:23 AM, LAURENT Henri-Damien wrote:
> Hi
> Innodb file management is quite important for performance.
> We wrote a performance blog post
> http://www.biblibre.com/en/blog/entry/mysql-default-config-and-very-large-koha-database
> you might find it interesting.
> There also has been an interesting discussion on performance tweeking on
> apache on list
> http://www.mail-archive.com/koha-devel@lists.koha-community.org/msg00074.html

Just wanted to say thanks again to Henri, as well as to Cindy Murdock
and Mason James in the linked e-mail exchange.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Here's the performance
graphs of our server over the last 30 hours. The three spikes in the
first graph each represent about 15 minutes of the system being
completely unusable. After the third spike I took the web server down
and got the database fixes implemented, and moved the zebra indexes to
another disk. At about 2:30pm Monday I turned on mod_perl and you can
see the result of that in the CPU Utilization graph (it's the cliff).

Today was a much better day :-)

Here's the picture: http://www.clanhobbs.org/moz-screenshot-2.png

--
Chris Hobbs