[Koha] Corrupted PDF on Batch Export

Fogg, Shawn (DPH) Shawn.Fogg at state.ma.us
Wed Mar 16 02:04:33 NZDT 2011

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the help.

The contents of the PDF:

%PDF-1.4
%‚„œ”
4 0 obj<</Type/Font/Subtype/Type1/BaseFont/Courier/Encoding/WinAnsiEncoding>>endobj
5 0 obj<</Type/Font/Subtype/Type1/BaseFont/Times-Italic/Encoding/WinAnsiEncoding>>endobj
6 0 obj<</Type/Font/Subtype/Type1/BaseFont/Times-Roman/Encoding/WinAnsiEncoding>>endobj
<h1>Software error:</h1>
<pre>Wide character in compress at /usr/share/perl5/PDF/Reuse.pm line 819
</pre>
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (<a href="mailto:webmaster at koha">webmaster at koha</a>), giving this error message
and the time and date of the error.

I just figured out what was causing this. When the librarian was adding the books she used an accented 'a' in the author's name on one of the books. In the CSV download this was showing as: GonzaÃÅlez, Hugo.

I went into the marc record and replaced the accented 'a' with a plain a and now the PDF export is fine.

Thanks,

Shawn